Millennium Nannies offers live in positions (only) in the London area and across the UK for both native English speaking candidates and candidates for whom English is not their first language. If you would like to apply for one of our livein positions please contact us by email or telephone. Once you have registered with us, please also search our jobs database and contact us or your agent immediately if you see a job that interests you to avoid disappointment.
We offer positions for both fully qualified livein Nannies and unqualified but suitably experienced live in Mothers Helps. A livein Mother's Help can expect to earn £150-200 net per week depending on working hours, age and experience. Qualified livein Nannies can expect to earn at least £250 net per week for a newly qualified nanny increasing to £300-350 net per week plus for more experienced applicants. We also offer livein housekeeper positions.
There are often other benefits such as a car for private use, normally nice living accommodation, paid holiday, gym, membership, holidays with the family, etc.
There is often some confusion over what a live in Mothers Help is. In order to apply as a Mothers Help you will need to meet the following criteria:
1. The applicants must have relevant childcare experience such as a school teacher, full time child minder, children's nurse, nanny, or a former au-pair. We would not be able to accept applicants who only have babysitting experience or minor childcare experience.
2. The applicant must have very good English.
3. An applicant must not have any dependants.
4. We can only accept candidates over the age of 19.
5. Most families want their Mother Helps to work full time so the applicant would have to be prepared to work up to 40 hours a week (this isn't always the case and some families only want part time Mothers Helps).
6. The applicant would need to commit to stay with the family for at least a year.
7. A police check or criminal record check must be performed in the home country of any applicant who will be working as a mothers help or Nanny.
8. A nice photo album and letter to the family telling them a little about their home life, experience and interests is always helpful in placing the applicant.
9. We would need at least two childcare references and references from former families, employers etc and also two character references.
10. If the applicant can drive and is prepared to drive in the UK it would be a big bonus.
It is now a legal requirement that Mothers Helps/Nannies working with children under the age of 18 obtain a United Kingdom Criminal Record Bureau check, after they have been resident in the UK for six months. This is charged at £52.00.
Millennium Nannies offers a professional and fast matching service with good employers in and around the London area and in other parts of the UK. We also offer a support and advice service to our Nannies and Mothers Helps once in a job with one of our clients.
All our applicants from overseas will receive a Welcome pack with contacts for other Nannies, Mothers helps/housekeepers in their area, on arrival in the UK.